7.03.2013

More of My "Safir"

Pin It       In the begining, my aim was only to share my artworks, crafts and mostly the things I created but lately I have been writing more and sharing more of my life -mostly the animals:)- But afterall it is a curiosity cabinet so all things are welcome:) And I think it is also nice to share more of the writer's life because you can see what kinds of things inspire me in daily life. After a productive vacation period I hope to share my new works as well.
       I keep this blog also as a virtual diary so this time it is to record Safir's first moulting period and the developments I noticed afterwards.



      The picture above was taken right after the moulting period (15.06.2013), noticeable features are her bright and fresh skin, softer head & teeth. I learned that since her teeth are soft, it is better not to feed her for a few days. As a sign of the upcoming moulting, she lost her hair at the back of her body, stopped eating, moved less and had more tendency to create a web.

       And 17 days after the moulting (02.07.2013), with a harder skin and a stronger head & teeth. I waited for a week and gave her 2 larvae. Although these animals are very resistent to hunger, she seemed like she was starving and ate both of them at once.



      SpiderGirl climbing up the walls :) After an inert period before, during and after the moulting, she became very active again and started to walk across her terrarium, climb up the walls and dig in it.

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment