3.20.2013

The Dream of Lemuria...

Pin It
      Some of you may remember this headline from a song lyric of Therion, "Lemuria". I have been listening to this song everyday for the past week and after some time I decided to read more about the place in its lyrics. The more I searched the more I found about it. Therefore I made a brief summary to share the subject with you.

       Lemuria is the name of a hypothetical "lost land" variously located in the Indian and Pacific Oceans. It is also called "MU". Actually sunken continents do exist – for ex. Zealandia in the Pacific as well as Mauritia and the Kerguelen Plateau in the Indian Ocean – however according to the sources there is no known geological formation under the Indian or Pacific Oceans that corresponds to the hypothetical Lemuria so it is actually considered to be imaginary. (For me it is very possible that imaginary things may exist though. It doesn't mean that some things do not exist just because we can't prove them with our (compared to the whole spectrum) very limited audio and visual perception.)
      It also seems like Lemuria has been a big source of inspiration for the novels, movies, music etc. I listed some of the books about this continent if you are interested in. There are many science fiction novels also but I picked some of the scientific ones from a historical perspective:

      - Lost Cities of Ancient: Lemuria and the Pacific by David Hatcher Childress
      - Lemuria: The Lost Continent of the Pacific by Cerve
      - The Lost Continent of MU by Colonel James Churchward
      - The Lemurian Scrolls: Angelic Prophecies Revealing Human Origins by Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami
      - The Sacred Symbols of MU by Col. James Churchward
      - Mu and Lemuria Today: Marina Michaels

       Whether it exists or not, I think it is worth thinking and reading about. By the way I highly recommend the Therion song "Lemuria" as well.

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment