12.21.2012

ExLibris - 1

Pin It       ExLibris (bookplates) are like lables to identify the owner of a book. The word itself comes from Latin and means literally "from the book" but is used as "from the library of...". These small prints or decorative labels are pasted inside the cover of books. Actually I consider it as a form of art because there are various kinds of techniques to produce exlibris and their quantities are limited. Steel engraving, burin engraving, etching, drypoint, mezzotint, digital printing are the examples of these production techniques. They can also be personally designed after orders.
      I am interested in producing exlibris as well as collecting them. I use photography and drawing techniques together or seperately and print these images digitally.


I designed this one using my drawings as seperate layers 
If you are interested in these bookplates, you can check out my Etsy shop:

Follow This Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment